Wing Yip Online Store is operated by W Wing Yip PLC. Our company number is 00967953 and our registered office is at 375 Nechells Park Road, Birmingham, B7 5NT. Our website address is wingyip.com
If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our intention is to collect and use certain personal information that can be associated with you (including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and information about your on-line activities).
What types of personal information do we collect?
We will collect and use the following personal information about you:
Data provided by you: This is information about you that you give us when registering for an account, placing an order with us, searching for a product, or subscribing to our newsletter.
This personal information will include your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, credit card or other payment information.
If you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/service quality standards, detection of and/or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
Data collected automatically: With regard to each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect information about your visit including:
- the URL you came from;
- the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- your domain type (for example, .co.uk and .com);
- your browser type;
- the country and telephone area code where your computer is located;
- the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit;
- the advertisements you clicked on; and
- any search terms that you entered on our website.
We may collect this information even if you do not register with us. This data is anonymous and presented at an aggregated level so that we can use it to improve the site and give customers a better experience in the future. We use Google Analytics to do this and Google stores this information (see the section below entitled “Cookies” for further information).
Data we receive from other sources: We may on occasion obtain personal information about you from credit reference agencies or our group companies.
What do we do with your personal information?
We will use your personal information as follows:
- to improve our service to you;
- to fulfil orders you have placed with us;
- to monitor the usage of our website (where you have consented);
- to help us track the traffic we get through our website;
- to send any information you have requested from us;
- to send marketing correspondence in relation to products or offers we think might be of interest to you (where you have consented);
- to personalise repeat visits to our website (where you have consented);
- to open and manage your account with us; and
- to help us improve the user-experience of our website.
We treat your personal information confidentially and we do not use it for any other purposes. Your personal information will never be supplied to external third-parties (other than those described in this policy) that you have not explicitly consented to unless we are required to do so in order to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory obligations; to prevent and/or to detect crime.
What is the Legal basis on which we use your Personal Information?
Under data protection law, we must have a legal basis to use your personal information. We have set out these out below.
We will use your personal information:
- to register and manage your account on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you relating to your use of our Online Store;
- to process any order placed by you on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you relating to your use of our Online Store;
- to send information you have requested on the basis that you consented to us doing so;
- to send marketing correspondence, on the basis that you have consented to us doing so. Please see the separate “Marketing” section below for further information on this; and
- that is collected through Google Analytics or the other cookies on our website (only where you have consented), to monitor how our website is used, the traffic we get through our website, and to help us to improve the user-experience of our website. We do not use the information we collect to make any decisions about you. See the section below on Google Analytics.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than we need it for the purposes we have explained above.
We will securely delete personal information you give us through registering an account after 6 years of you deleting your account.
We will securely delete personal information you give us when placing an order after 6 years following the end of the relevant accounting period.
If you have consented to receiving marketing, you may opt out at any time.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link in the footer of each marketing email.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the Unsubscribe button which is at the bottom of every marketing email or alternatively, contact us here.
If you are a registered user, you can update your details via My Account to unsubscribe. Once you are logged in you can view your marketing preferences via the Subscriptions page in My Account.
Who do you share my personal information with?
WingYip Group: We may share the personal information that we collect from you with the following companies in our group for the purposes of allowing us to effectively monitor website usage and implement any required changes to our website to improve user experience:
WWY (Holdings) Ltd
W Wing Yip and Brothers (Holdings) Ltd
W Wing Yip and Brothers Trading Group Ltd
W Wing Yip Plc
W Wing Yip (London) Ltd
W Wing Yip (Manchester) Ltd
WWYC (Holdings) Ltd
W Wing Yip and Brothers Property and Investment Ltd
We do this on the basis that it is our legitimate interest for specific members of our group to provide specialist services to other members of our group. We consider the use of your personal information is proportionate because we will only pass on your information for these very limited purposes that should improve the value of the website to you and other customers.
Credit Agencies: If you have applied for a credit account, we will share your personal information with credit reference agencies for the legitimate interest of establishing your credit worthiness. We do this on the basis that is our legitimate interest as a business to credit check our customers and potential customers in order to safeguard our finances. We consider the use of your personal information is proportionate because we will only pass limited information to reputable credit reference agencies.
Will you transfer my Personal Information outside of the EEA?
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
What rights do I have over my personal information?
You have a number of rights over your Personal Information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal information is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
If you are a registered user of our website, you can update your details online by logging into your account.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into any secure areas of our website;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you; and
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information only with your prior consent and to make the Service on it more relevant to your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. For further details on how to manage your preferences please see aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not share the information we gather using cookies with anyone else.
We have activated the anonymisation feature of Google Analytics, such that your precise network address is not recorded, and we only know your approximate location. As such, we will not know who you are as a result of our use of Google Analytics.
Google also does a number of things with your data in its own right. You can read about how Google uses your data here.
Google will transfer your data to the United States and possibly other countries. You can learn about that, and how to exercise your rights in respect of those transfers, here.
How to contact us
By email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at; W Wing Yip PLC, 375 Nechells Park Road, Birmingham, B7 5NT