1 Durian (approximately 300g of flesh)
50g cocoa powder
150ml plain yogurt
220ml whipping cream
Optional: ½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped
1. Blitz the durian flesh, cocoa powder and sugar in a food processor until it becomes smooth. If using a vanilla pod, add the seeds to the durian mixture at this point.
2. Place the durian puree into a clean bowl and add the yogurt, folding them together.
3. Whip the cream with an electric whisk until you form stiff peaks. Carefully fold this into the durian mix.
4. Place in an ice cream maker and mix until the durian mixture becomes very thick and starts to freeze. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, place into a freezer-safe container and place into the freezer, covered, and stir every 20-30 minutes until the mixture is almost frozen, approximately 2 hours.
5. Enjoy on its own or with fresh berries.