1 whole chicken carcass
2 sticks celery
2 medium carrots
1 medium onion
1 thumb ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp szechszechuan peppercornsuan peppercorns
1 star anise
1 bay leaf
Wing Yip Pure Sesame Oil
1. Over a medium heat add 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the chicken carcass to the pot. Give the chicken pieces a stir to brown them evenly.
2. Next add the celery, carrots and onion to the pan and keep stirring.
3. Add the ginger, coriander stalks and the garlic and stir though the rest of the ingredients. Next add the spices with 1 tsp salt.
4. Once the chicken has browned, add a few drops of the sesame oil. Add approximately 1 litre of water, enough just to cover the carcass. Leave to simmer for 1hr - 1hr 30 mins.
5. Carefully remove the carcass and place to the side. Using a ladle, remove the impurities from the top of the stock. Start by removing the vegetables first into a sieve over a clean pan then pour through the remaining liquid.
6. This stock can now be used for a variety of different dishes.