1 jar Wing Yip Yellow Bean Sauce 185ml
2 tsp fresh garlic
1 small onion
1 tsp minced ginger
185-225ml vegetable stock
3 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
20g vermicelli noodles
30g tree fungus
50g dried Chinese mushrooms
1 small tin (227g) sliced bamboo shoots (rinse well and drain)
1/4 small cabbage (sliced)
3 spring onions (3cm lengths)
60g button mushrooms (halve larger mushrooms)
2-3 dried beancurd sticks
1. Soak separately until soft; the vermicelli noodles, tree fungus, dried mushrooms and bean curd sticks. Cut all into bite size pieces, approximately 1inch in size. This could take up to 20 minutes.
2. Place onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and blitz.
3. Heat oil in a large pot and add the onion, garlic and ginger paste until it starts to caramelise, then add the Wing Yip Yellow Bean Sauce.
4. Fill the sauce jar up with vegetable stock (185ml) and add along with the bamboo shoots and now soaked tree fungus, mushrooms and beancurd sticks. Cover and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage and button mushrooms, cover and cook for 10 minutes adding a little more stock if necessary.
6. Last of all add spring onions and vermicelli noodles and turn off the heat. Season to taste.