1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp caster sugar
75ml Wing Yip Light Soy Sauce
150ml Wing Yip Spicy Szechuan Sauce
1 tbsp Mai Siam Thai Fish Sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 chicken thighs skinned and cut into 2.5cm dice
8 large spring onions
1 large red chilli, diced
2 tsp Wing Yip Pure Sesame Oil
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Mix together the mirin, sugar, soy sauce, bean sauce, fish sauce, ginger and garlic in a pan.
2. Gently warm through until sugar dissolves and leave to cool.
3. Add the chicken to the marinade and leave for 2 hours.
4. Drain off the chicken.
5. Cut spring onions into similar size pieces to the chicken.
6. Skewer a piece of chicken, then skewer a piece of spring onion, repeat and continue to alternate. You should make around 6 skewers.
7. Cook on an open BBQ or on a hot griddle pan until the chicken is cooked through
8. Brush with sesame oil and sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds. Serve.
To serve Steamed Mai Siam jasmine rice or egg noodles. Lemon wedges