1 packet (approximately 284g) broccoli or pak choi
1 tbsp Wing Yip Oyster Sauce or Wing Yip
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and fry the sliced garlic until it browns. Drain with a slotted spoon and place in kitchen paper. Reserve the flavoured oil for later use.
2. Clean the vegetables and cut a little off the bottom of the broccoli (or pak choi) trying not to separate the stems.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
4. Plunge the broccoli (or pak choi) into the hot water and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes.
5. Drain will and arrange on a warm platter.
6. Drizzle a little flavoured oil (2 tsp) over the cooked vegetables and then drizzle the warmed Oyster or Mushroom Sauce.
7. Sprinkle with the fried garlic slices and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips: Healthy eating advocates may be tempted to steam the broccoli. we have found that the broccoli becomes slightly bitter when steamed and recommend it is blanched for this particular recipe. take care not to burn the garlic or it will taste bitter.