1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chilli powder (mild or hot depending on heat preference)
½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c. Place the oil on a baking tray and place in the oven.
2. Quarter the potatoes or cut into big pieces. Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes until they are just starting to cook. Leave to drain over the saucepan for 2-3 minutes. The potatoes should start to dry out a little.
3. Drain any remaining water in the saucepan and place the potatoes along with the spices in the pan and put a lid on. Shake the pan so that the potatoes start to become a little bit rough around the edges.
4. Carefully remove the baking tray from the oven and place the potatoes onto the hot oil. Be very careful when doing this.
5. Roast for 35-40 minutes turning the potatoes every 10-15 minutes.